Wednesday, February 18, 2009

trust issues...


Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Trust
in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

Trust
in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.

Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.




trust is like jumping off a bridge, without any guarantee that you will be caught, just a belief that you will be caught. yet God tells us over and over again that he will catch us. and over and over again we don't believe him. so we never jump. we stand at the edge of the rail, looking over the water, and contemplate what will happen if we do jump. we think it through, decide it's crazy, and go back to whatever it was we were doing before. i'm beginning to think i'm missing out on something, and i'm ready to jump.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates